Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few Cougars at the Southern Michigan Mustang club show at Ford Headquarters on Sunday which included the Boss reunion. Dave's Boss Eliminator my Boss Mustang next to him and my Mustang at Roush racing on Saturday. Jon manning XR7-G.
You can check out the Boss event at the attached link which includes a tour of the Mustang Flat rock plant. Drive the Mustang test track. Get together at Roush and Boss reunion show at the Ford Headquarters. hard to pick out my Mustang with the rest of the 70's, but it was the only red non shaker mustang in attendance.
One good picture at flat rock with my son, Dave and myself standing outside the red Boss (third column seventh picture down).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bossmustang/sets/72157627379202376/

Got to talk to the ride & handling engineer on the Boss Mustang. He also did the Eliminator and the comp handling package for the Cougar. Without prodding he spoke up and said he spent alot of time on the 68 XR7-G and GT cougar suspension. He said, him and Dan Gurney wore out a lot of tires on the Ford test track on the 68 Cougar suspension development.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Comp Gold Boss 302 owned by Tony Palazzolo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Real nice red conv and a light aqua 69.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice red 70 and and a 71 I believe.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Great pics.
Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics Brian. It was nice seeing you again after all these years. The pictures got me thinking (oh-oh) that from what I remember there were 5 xr7-G's in Michigan. I lost my copy of the registry when my computer crashed a little while ago, but I think there were 5. John Baumann sold his and I believe that went out of Michigan. That leaves 4. There's the white one in the Henry Ford Museum, and you have a picture of the other 3 owners. You don't drive yours, and I understand why. The other guy don't drive his, another understandably why, so I guess mines the only one on the road in Michigan. Only a few hundred miles a year, so I guess if you see a G on the road in Michigan it's me. If there is anybody else, please chime in.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Hardcore Brian! Thanks for sharing and it was great meeting you and your wife at the Nat's.

Regards,

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts