Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ford explorer/ranger wheels & 16" mark vii/crown vic wheel fitment w/out spacers?

I read after doing a search about what wheels fit our cars, which is just about every 5 lug pattern with a 4.5" (114.3) I'm left with some unanswered questions. I'm curious about the fitment on a couple of set of wheels. Do Ranger/explorer wheels fit (15" & 16") fit w/out spacers? Do mark vii/crown vic/grand marquis (16") fit w/out spacers? I know that the 15" fit without spacers for crown vic/grand marqui but I really like the 16" ones.

thanks

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Re: ford explorer/ranger wheels & 16" mark vii/crown vic wheel fitment w/out spacers?

Ranger wheels, and Explorer up to 2001 (2005 for Sport and Sport Trac) should be OK. Mark VII will need small spacers, Crown Vic / Grand Marquis / Town Car up to 2002 will be OK as well. Later ones are high positive offset, and would need large spacers.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Re: ford explorer/ranger wheels & 16" mark vii/crown vic wheel fitment w/out spacers?

^^^what he said!

I have '96 & '98 Crown Vic 16x7" HPP wheels dummied-up to AlphaCat. Other than the front hubs being a bit large to fit the OEM Vic centercaps, they fit just fine. Any Vic/Ranger/Explorer 15 inch wheels also work fine. It is only the '03-newer Vic/Marquis and '05-newer Mustnag wheels that are the problem since they have a 45mm offset. The 94-04 Mustang wheels aren't offset as much as '05-newer. Not sure about newer Ranger/Explorer/Escape wheels. The Lincoln Mark wheels have a lot of offset as well...

·
Registered
8,194 Posts

I have the 16x7" 95-97 Crown Vic Sport wheels on my 69 XR 7. They fit with no problems, needed no spacers. BTW my Cat has Granada front disc brakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts