I am thinking of selling wvcat. A lot of you have seen my car and
alot in person or on the cover of the cougars and kittens calander. The
reason I'm thinking about it is to use the money to get a convertible
cougar. I know what your thinking, keep it and buy a convertible. Well I
can't afford to go buy a vert and even if I could I just don't have the
room or need for another car. I am trying to figure out how much to ask
for it. I know you can look up prices but bow does that figure in with
value of a non stock car? With a built motor, aod trans, and custom
paint color does that add to value or take away? Any opinions out there?

John
wvcat

T

·
0 Posts
if i rememmber correctly on older cars, u're customs keeps the price the same just like the new ones do. go to kelly blue book or NADA online. I know my cat in mint condition is worth $4,700 and i got it for free, so finishing the restorations are worth it

·
Registered
794 Posts
check out http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/

I am not much help with the pricing, but as much as I have seen of your car, it looks really nice so you should get a good ammount. I would price it high and see if anyone bites.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
john,
put it up on ebay n see what it could bring. Or see if there are anyone on there that may wanna do a swap n cash ..
thanks
pat

·
Registered
120 Posts
After I looked at pics of your car, I'd say it is worth a good buck. Very nice. It looks like your mods are tastefully done and the car looks clean and like it would appeal to alot of people. For pricing.....you know what you have invested in it and what it is worth to you. Just pick a price that would make you happy if you got it and be a little flexible from there. If it doesn't sell for some time, you may be on the high side.....if it sells fast, someone got a good deal and you got what you thought it was worth.
A modified car isn't as easy to just through a figure at as a stock one so you really have to come up with something on your own unfortunately IMO.

·
Registered
544 Posts
John

Many people put a car on ebay at a wish price. That way they get the publicity yet can sell after the auction without paying the commission. When I sold my white conv I listed it on ebay. I set the reserve where I was willing to sell it. It did not reach the reserve, but sold shortly after for the reserve. Knowing what I know about ebay now I may have set the reserve higher. You get more action if the starting price is lower than you do if you set it near where you think the car should sell. Just my opinion, but you should hold on to wvcat, and buy a conv.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts