Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if it fits? That should be the last piece I need to buy, if the FMX doesn't fit..

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
The C4 yoke has the same diameter and spline count.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an extra C4 yoke. I like having a spare though...FMX will not fit, for sure?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have an extra C4 yoke. I like having a spare though...FMX will not fit, for sure?
I have been reading a lot about the t-5 swap and even though the c4 fits i have read it is not a perfect fit and you should buy the t-5 yoke. Somthing about the spline length inside the yoke i think it was.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
FMX=C6=31 spline output shaft
AOD=C4=T5=28(?) spline output shaft. The C4 yoke is longer but can be cut to fit AOD/T5.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent, thanks. Probably the guy who can shorten the drive shaft can shorten the yoke, too...

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Measure twice - cut once ;>)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Excellent, thanks. Probably the guy who can shorten the drive shaft can shorten the yoke, too...
You may not need to shorten the drive shaft, all I had to do was cut the yoke. The C4 has dead space before you get to the splines, most of which is not needed. This was for the AOD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts