Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 cougar with a 351 windsor it has a bad viberation I replaced the balancer but its still there! The previous owner had a trans put in but never drove the car. My question is how can I tell if I have the correct flywheel?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I cannot explain how to identify the correct one. My best advice is to get ahold of a correct one and match it up. I have a good relationship with a local auto parts who dosent mind ordering something for me just to look at sometime if need be and if it happens to be the one I need then I already have it.

Makes sense though that if the car didnt vibe before the trans job that they may have changed the flywheel at the same time and may have put the wrong one in. I'm not an auto trans expert but I would think that it is possiable for the vibe to be in the trans also.

You dont mention which trans you have and I dont know what all fits what but I do know that in 84 they changed the balance weights from 28 oz to 50 oz for the 302 (which shares the same flywheel with the 351 otherwise).

Sorry thats about all I can come up with with the info you gave. mm

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The motors a 69 but the trans I'm not sure But I believe it a FMX The car vibes even in park! It runs strong and shifts great I guess it's off to a trans shop?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts