Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flowmaster lists a 2-1/2" exhaust kit (#17273) to fit 1964-1/2 thru 1966 Mustangs from the h-pipe/headers back. Summit racing lists this same kit to fit 1967 thru 1973 Cougars and Mustangs.

Does anyone know if this kit will fit a 1967 Cougar? The only difference I know of is that the Cougar is 3 inches longer than the Mustang from the rear of the leaf springs.

The kit comes with intermediate pipes, hangars, 2 Delta 40's, and 2 stainless exhaust tips for $319.00. I think Mustangs Unlimited has it for a bit less. But not in their Cougar cataloge.

Thanks Don Veal

·
Registered
600 Posts
that seems a decent price i had the exaust on my cat done for about $200.00 and it was with Flowmaster 40 series 2 chamber and 3 inch chrome tips...not the ricer kind...lol
Damn it spounds good altho it's loud but thats how i like it.

I live 45 mins from MU and could check it out for you if need be:)
Just let me know

·
Registered
147 Posts
i just got my cat about a week ago. its all original including the factory single that came on my 67's 289 2bbl i'm lookinh for a dual exhaust kit that will include headers mufflers all the pipe (already bent) and any and all parts i would need, if anyone knows where i can find such a thing please let me know im new on here so im not quite sure how it works but my aol screen name is [email protected] thanks and include "cougar" in the topic if you would. ; )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts