Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i can get some replacement floorpans? mine are completely rusted out, and i need to get new ones...i couldnt find any through the vendors in the links section...

·
Registered
63 Posts
mustangs unlimited is a good place stang it cougar has em too the place in texas is the cheapest i think the whole floor passenger and driver front to back for like 250

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You know shipping is going to be high on a set of pans so I have a suggestion. When I ordered a floor pan and some other things from Mustangs Unlimited I was quite pleased to find out that since my order was over $300 it was free of any shipping charges. So get your pans from them along with enough other stuff you need to get the order up over $300. I have bought quite abit of stuff from them and reccomend them. mm

·
11,000 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently replaced the pans in my 70 cougar and i bought mine from MusangsUnlimited because it seems Stang It is going out of business and no longer stocks certain parts. I got both full pans for only 125 shipping and all. Be ready for a challenge because the floorpans do not come with the seat-hump, so you have to drill out the tack welds and then weld the hump onto the pan again. Give it about 3 hours start to finish of constant work and some skill on the welder comes in handy.

·
11,000 Posts
Floor pans

You are in Plano Texas right? Not Plano Minnesota or Plano New York?

Unless you have a rare, valuable, one of a kind Cougar there are tons of Cougars available in your area that don't need floor pan replacement. Go get one of those cars, use your current car for parts or sell it to some one for what it's worth. Replacing floor pans is tough work, in your area there are plenty of Cougars in the sub - $2000 range that have perfect sheetmetal. For $2000 it's not worth replacing floor pans.

Call Lin Thurston 817-444-0457, he's in your area and typically has leads on half a dozen Cougars that are for sale.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Uuhhh Royce? I'll take one of those perfect sheetmetal Cougars for $2000!!! 69 or 70 without vinyl roof please. mm

·
11,000 Posts
There's the phone number. Plenty of Cougars in that category available al over the southwest, many in good running condition.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Good enough, will give it a try. I still have a Daughter living near there so I guess I could combine a trip?? mm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts