Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to everyone for your info on getting new floorpans... now on to the next order of business:

is there anyone who could actually physically help with replacing them? im new to restorations, and clueless when it comes to cutting and welding... any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
63 Posts
heres the skinny

ok first off on the frame and she seat mounts you have to remove all the spot welds theres a drill bit you can buy just for it one is about 6 bux (sucks) and the other o ne is 20 (kicks ass) you can find them at an auto body store but that is the first thing you have to do you can spot them if you take a wire brush to where ever the pieces are wellded on look good and dont drill too deep once youve got them spoted and removed you can proceed to cut out the patern for youre new floor doesnt have to be perfect long as you have a good welder lol then trip your new floor to fit but the main thing is the spot welds ooooooooh yeah is also smart to have a chisel and a file to sharpen it and a hammer to make removal easier this is very im portant any other questions email me at [email protected] ive done this before so i have a lil insight

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
sic67nes, what your talking about is a spot weld cutter, just trying no to get him confused. Eastwood sells them if they cant be found locally although most any real auto parts can get them if they dont stock them. You also need it to take the spotwelds floorpan to inner rocker loose also. I use a jig saw to cut the pan loose at the trans tunnel. mm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts