Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK as the pictures clearly show this thing need floor pans front and back both sides.

I know wcc sells what looks like the front pan both sides, but where to get the backs, or is there anyone who sells full pans?

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I saw those, pricey and they need to still be modified..they also sell the front as original and the back but no middle..guess one could be fabricated.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I asked about that during the entry phase. The response I got (I think from Don), was if you want correct pans then you are best off buying a donor car. Otherwise you can buy the incorrect full floor (which is only incorrect in the front floor area) and splice in the correct front pans (which only come as front sections). So you can either patch a bunch of new floor bits together to make one correct one, or you can find a rust free donor.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I believe the full replacement floor pan works, it just isn't 100% correct. With any re-pop metal, you do have to do a lot of trimming and cutting.... but I think the issue is the structural stamps in them don't match the original, so if you are underneath you will know that it has been replaced. (This is just what I think remember reading before, I would have to double check though) Taking out a floor is actually less work than most would think, there are a bunch of spot welds that you have to drill out and they actually make a tool for it. Once you have those out it just takes a little prying and muscle to get it out.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I believe the full replacement floor pan works, it just isn't 100% correct. With any re-pop metal, you do have to do a lot of trimming and cutting.... but I think the issue is the structural stamps in them don't match the original, so if you are underneath you will know that it has been replaced. (This is just what I think remember reading before, I would have to double check though) Taking out a floor is actually less work than most would think, there are a bunch of spot welds that you have to drill out and they actually make a tool for it. Once you have those out it just takes a little prying and muscle to get it out.
The difference is the repro is incorrect in the ribbing in the front and has two drain holes in the front as well that 69/70 did not have. See my ECI thread for an original HT full pan transplant into my 'vert (both '69).

Regards,

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts