Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 68 needs the floor to firewall pan and the short floor pan replaced, both on passenger side. The interior and heater box are all out of the way and I have been quoted at $8027.90. That includes 13.5 hrs of labor @ $50 per hour. Is this about right.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Sounds pretty inflated to me.
I'd go get a second opinion. And a third, and a fourth.
8 grand for floor work is a lot of money.

·
11,000 Posts
Sounds really fair. Get them to do it before they change the labor rate!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
floorpan fandango

Yes, that is a good price for floor work. Especially with the hours quoted and all.
I say go for it.
You'll make out like a...
:bandit:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Royce

I need the under the rear seat floor pans replaced and the trunk pan/drop offs. How much should this cost if I buy the parts? Already got the interior out.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found another resto-shop that is going to do it for about half of the first shops quote. The interior is out btw.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
68calypso

It pays to shop around!:)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
costed me 1,000 in 1990 for all new floors and 2 torqueboxes and 2 inner rockers. So that price is definately good
thanks
pat

·
Registered
44 Posts
what shops did you go to? im in the dfw area, and i need to get my floorpans replaced as well...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The first shop was Mid Cities Mustang in Euless, (817) 267-2667, and Southwest Classic Mustang in Arlington (817) 226-6111. Good luck I have had both shops do work on my car and they always do a good job.

·
11,000 Posts
Robby Bunch knows his business. I recommend Mid Cities.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts