Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have a shop replace any of their floor pans??

Just trying to get a feel for how much it might cost? I'm pretty sure my passenger side upper floor (Whatever you call the section where the passenger puts their feet) is going to need replacement. I'm not sure about any other damage...haven't pulled out all the carpet yet to see.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The first quote I got was from a Mustang resto shop. They said around 600. My car needs the upper and lower section redone. I still have a few more place to check before I go and learn how to do it myself.

·
Registered
329 Posts
floor job

I got a floor kit from Mustangs Unlimited because body shops told me it would be hard to get the parts to do the job.When i should him my book he did not know what to say to me.So i found a shop to do the job. I got the kit this shop did the job for 400.00 the kit cost me 399.95 1 pr inner rockers-1pr torque boxes-1pr long front floor pans 1 pr rear long floor pans my rust was bad.70 XR7 Ragtop

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, not as bad as I thought:D I haven't yet determined the extend of my damage all I know is that passanger side will "move" from underneath. I'm thinking about stripping the interior and all the trim stuff and just getting a quote on all the body and paint. Maybe I'll get a deal for "bulk" work?? Yeah....Right!!!;)

Anyway, looks like I'll have to hold off for a few more months anyway as my wife and I have sold our house and are going to get started building another. I'm gaining a full basement as opposed to a single garage that houses my 1999 Trans Am:D

I got my 68 from my grandfather who restored it in the mid 80s and drove it nearly every day after for several years until he finally put it back in his barn. (don't know why??) He gave it to me as I always liked the car and watched him restore it whenever I could. Now I can't wait to undo what those almost 10 years of sitting have done to it.

By the way, now that I've told you my life story nice to meet everyone.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Welcome to the forums.I wouldn't mind a free cougar...

Bruce

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Nothing beats a FREEBIE!! That's how I scored mine... it also came from grandpa, and for even less than a dollar.

Mark

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you have any mechanical skill you can do the floor yourself, Dont be scared, the floor pans are cheap you can get both full sides for less that 150 bucks. , A grinder and a welder are all you need . Just lay the new floor on top of the old one , trace around it, then cut about an inch inside where you marked and weld the new one in., youll have to get a new seat riser too if the old one is bad, or you can reuse the old one .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts