Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the weather breaks and the warm weather comes,I think I,m going the FLAME THEME I have air brushed before(long time ago)I found this site it was a good study not only how to paint flames but painting in general here it is (www.customflamepainting.comhow_tohtml) I hope thats right.good step by step in any painting

·
Registered
269 Posts
Does that actually work ? Is there enough unburnt fuel in the exhast that it can be ignited ?

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
No there is a real danger of blowing your exhaust off! but to doit right you need to weld a boss into the tail pipe at a degree pointing out. you also need to hook up a kill switch to the engine so it dumps raw unburned gas into the pipe then ignite the spark plugs. Just a warning it is very kewl but i have seen more then one lead sled blow its pipes off doing this.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I blew my muffler open in a Woolworth's parking lot back in high school, about a year after I got the car... looking back I think someone plugged my exhaust pipe....
For some reason the car wouldn't start (cranking and cranking and cranking) but I never had any problem before.... suddenly BOOM and my muffler was grenaded along the seam... the car started just fine after that but a LOUD exhaust for the drive home!

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Just remember to watch how you mix your "standard" air lines and "paint" air lines. If you run a hose without the proper filtration you'll have oil mist in the line that will possibly ruin your beautiful work.

One way around this is to come off the compressor and run a "clean" line to a oil/water filter and then another filter. And finally a filter at the end of the line. Just "blowing" off your work with a dirty line can spot the surface with contaminants.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good Idea

I am going to run a deacated line any ways with a couple of air filters cant believe how much water can get in to them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts