Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I snagged it. It's a fairly complete car and is a good color. I got the original engine (it's disassembled) trans, 31 spline rear end......everything but the original carb. It's going to need floors, a drive door, driver fender and a bit of other rust repair, but I have the parts to complete it. It has all the original GT-E mouldings and they're in nice shape. He just wanted it out of the back yard. I paid $800.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Now see thats a good deal!! good luck Ray!!
Early bird got the worm on that one..looks like he might have another maybe in the background 69 or 70..

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Here are a few more pictures. Check out those half shafts! It's a 3:25 locker, too. The hood is junk, obviously, but I have a replacement for that, too. The scoop is original. Not too many head rest GT-Es. There was a message on my phone just now......he found the original carb and is shipping it to me. Its a 742 date code.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Was this a "MIA" or did Jim P. have it listed?

I'm running out of GTEs to find, I'll have to up my finder's fee!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Way to go ! I remembered seeing an ad a while back for a GT-E for $800. Then another ad saying it was sold quickly. I thought it couldn't have been a real one for that price, incredible. That's one for the books, and one that you won't mind putting lots of money into. Let us all know what you find out about it's history. Wow one of the Cougar's Holy Grail for $800, with Drive Train !! Your face must hurt by now cause you haven't stopped smiling.

Funny tho the ad says green on tan 390 4 spd

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/2041102009.html

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Oh. My. Gawd. I am so totally jealous! What are you going to do with it??????

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Re: WOW!

This has to be one of the most bizarre GT-E transactions in the last 15 yrs.

·
11,000 Posts
Wow! Nice one Ray!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Wow, congrats, for real! And some think I'm lucky at finding cars.......

Just a little bit jealous... :)

Well, if you decide to flip it sometime, let me know, otherwise, best of luck with it.....

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Wow! Gratz on that one!

Ok, so I have some questions about something like this. Being it is a rare and special car, realistically, how much would it cost to restore and how long would that take? Figure if you farm out the "big stuff" like sheet metal / body, and paint, eng / trans rebuild.

I'm just curious, cuz while that was a smokin' deal, the cost to restore would be something waaay out of my league! LOL!

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I would be tempte to NOT restore it, and keep it as one to get done. After this one, how many are still MIA?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I think there are laws against stealing........Nice score...I am filled with envy !

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I live just outside Tallahassee, I tried to make contact,but by the time he got back to me it was gone.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Ray,
I guess now, you no longer have room for that conv Mustang and just need it out of the garage for $800.

What a nice find. You must of pounced on that one quick. Did the seller have any idea what so ever
what it was worth.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Wow! Were you the one who checked it out a few months ago and showed us the pics?
You remember! This is that same car. I had the insider track on it. This should be fun!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts