Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first chance to see how the cougar handles. Man what a blast the torque is awsome:eek2: I definetly need to do a tune up and the trans needs some tlc nothing more than fluid, band adjustment and a shift kit:D . The following are the first good pics I have, the refinished interior is sitting in my garage. The rust in the pics is light surface stuff and the floor pans only have one small hole in them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont know I think its out of a beemer or VW the last owner through it in while the interior was being refinished. I just foun out the hard way not to take tight turns untill it gets bolted down

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Salty, Nice car. Did you find it on the Island or did you travel to get it? Guy

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I guess you are talking about the drivers seat and not the passenger one, ..........joking. Cool cat, what colour is that, I like it, looks good with the black roof, check under the roof of the boot as well for rust, there by the back of the back seat, if that makes any sense, S was putting in a bracket for the amp and got the shock of his life when he looked up, the entire inside was just rust, had to sort it all out before we could even use the car, not cos it was that bad, just cos he could not bear to leave it like that. Mostly surface rust but just goes to show that you have check every nook and cranny.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
70 Eliminator:
Yea it was in an ally where I work in Queens, I guess that would make this an ally cat yuk yuk yuk.:rolleyes:
Any way the first time I drove it for more than a block was a 60 mile ride down the LIE.

72 cat:
No rust under there the rust condition of the car is grate considering its a northe east car. I guess it wasent driven much in the winter from what I understand the last two or three owners had this a sa project car and just dident have the time to work on it. I on the other hand am loveing every minet of it:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very cool find... Do you commute from Shoreham to Queens everyday? I use to go from Selden to Hicksville and that was enough for me to want to kill everyone around me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
back and forth every day, 140 miles a day, but driving the mustang makes up for it:D . I hit almos every major east west road on the way hom trying to get around traffic. I actualy saw two people try to drive each other off the road a few weeks ago:rolleyes: . it just blows my mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts