Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. This is my first post. I'm looking forward to being involved in the forum. I've got a lot to learn.

I've been the owner of a 68 XR7 302 2V w two tone paint and 4 speed tranny for almost two weeks now. It's very original and in decent condition just getting old and tired. My goal is to keep it mostly original and bring it back to a very clean driver car for weekend cruising.

This is a father-son project car, and our first shot at a restoration. I am just getting started and have a some questions for you guys. The first group of questions I will call "What color was it when it left the factory?"

What color was:

1. The oil filler cap
2. The L shaped fitting on top of the oil cap
2. The water pump
3. The pulleys (non-ac car and no power steering)
4. The fan
5. The fan spacer ???

Thanks in advance.

Guy

·
Registered
391 Posts
Guy:

Welcome! To answer your questions:

1. Semi-gloss black.
2. Natural metal (silver, like aluminum).
2. Ford blue, the same color as the block.
3. Low gloss black.
4. Low gloss black.
5. Natural aluminum color.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Welcome! Dennis nailed everyone of those for you... I like everything about your post, the car (very rare) your goals and how you are going about collecting information. It looks like that car fell into the "right hands". Please post some pics and your door data plate info when you can.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dennis - Thanks for the warm welcome and for the info. They are both much appreciated.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don - I will get the data plate info and some pics up later tonight. I'm documenting what I do with my trusty Nikon so I plan to start a build thread with plenty of pics.
I hope you're right about the "right hands" part. They are a little shaky right now, but I think more time with the car will help with that.

BTW, my first WCCC order arrives on Monday, and I expect there's plenty more of my money headed your way before this ride is over...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts