Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My lil 69 Cougar. It started as an H-code 2bbl 351 that i got from the nephew of th
e original owner. It was Wimbledon white and the car still has the original interior. since then it has recieved a 600 CFM Holley carb, an Edelbrock Performer Intake, dual exhaust with 3 Chamber Flowmasters, and i have a set of Flowtech headers waiting to go on. It is my first and only car. and my 2 year anniversary with it is on 10/23/01 ( sniff, im so proud ) lol. I did all the body work and painted it myself it is now ( gasp! ) 1972 Chevrolet Mohave Gold. 2 stage paint, its pretty to me, even though i get some differing comments about my choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
nice.....

That sir, is a VERY clean ride! Foe some reason, with those hubcaps I keep having STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO flashbacks... :D Nice engine and exhaust upgrades too.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my 351W

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
69 cougcat

whouamm !!
congratulation, you have a nice car...
have you inside's pics ??

laurent
69/convertible/390gt...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
interior, some of them, if you want more, email me @ [email protected]. i have cubic tons of pics

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Streets of San Fransisco---one of my favorite shows. I would have given the benefit of the doubt and said reminded me of White Lightening--with Burt Renolds.
Actually, it was the Streets Of San Fransisco that led up to my interest in Cougars. I saw the 71 LTD's on the Strret's and liked them. I was into racing at the time and an LTD seemed a little too big to go fast with. I had noticed the Cougar had similar looks with all the potential of a common Mustang. I still like the LTD's and wouldn't mind having a 429 4 speed LTD like in White Lightening.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after some time, the Headers finally went on. not the ones i had for it tough, it turns out that the Flowtechs i bought at the Pomona swap meet were for a 289/302 Stang and they didnt clear the chassis with a 351W. So now i have some Hedman full length headers (pn 88300) and they fit great. The car didnt get as loud as i expected though, but the midrange and upper RPM power had a good increase. The main surprise for me was the torque that i gained. I thought i would LOSE a lil more actually. The down side?? the headers are only about 4-5 inches off of the ground, i have to slow quite a bit when going over bumps. If anyone is interested in the Flowtechs you can contact me. I think my email is up there somewhere. Ill sell them for $75. they are new headers, but they were fitted to my car, as such they are a bit scratched, but otherwise fine. They are for an early Stang or Cougar or other similar Chassis car with a 289/302. I bought them at a Swap meet, but other than the fact that they were too wide for my car, they would have fit fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts