Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the Cat out and really drove it today. I've had it for about a month now, but wanted to get some things out of the way before really taking it out and opening it up.
Since Dad's day was today (Happy Fathers Day to those whom are), the family had a get together at my sisters house. Took the Cat over, oh man...that beast of a motor will throw ya back into the back seat! I had a couple of main drags I could floor it, when that OD kicks in, hang on! She'll chirp 'em up to 3rd. Turned a few heads as well. Of course, you guys already know what I'm talkin about, but this is my new toy, and I'm still green. She sounds great too, but I need to replace the pass. side exhaust donut, started leaking today. Dad wanted it for Fathers Day...had to disappoint him. :) Hell, it's 10:30 now, and I want to take her back out. Just wanted to share my first day out on the road with you all.

68 XR7 390 4V

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Awesome feeling isnt it. Ive had mine for 11 years, and been off the road for the last 7 of it. It will be on the road this year, if only for a few weeks, it will be on the road. Glad you had fun, and it was safe.

Rick

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'm like Rick, My car has sat more than I've driven it in the last 12 years I've owned it. Ive only been driving mine for a week now this year and the attention you get is really cool!!! I had it in a parade friday and three guys asked me to do burnouts....lol Enjoy your cats everyone, you can't take em with you when you go....lol
John
wvcat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts