Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from the first car show/cruise night. Tonights temp was easily 80 degrees and we are still 2 months away from the official start of this show. Well the weather has been so great the sponsers just said via an e-mail that if you wanted to come out with your classic cars you were more than welcome. So this gave me the perfect chance to bring my cat out to show off all the improvements I did over the winter. There were probably 40 plus cars and it was great to see the guys again. The best part was the drive home after dark because I got to check out how well the new headlight switch improved the dash lighting (huge improvement) and the new halogen low beams with the relay kit installed. What a pleasure to actually see the road at night! What a great start to the new show season!:wave:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Last weekend here in Colorado Springs it was unseasonably warm,...mid 70's. Took the '69 out from a drive and there were quite a few fellow enthusiasts on the streets,...blowing out the winter cobwebs. Put me right back in track with local motorsports events for the upcoming months; Pikes Peak hill climb, Mile high nationals, local track activities.....time to clean the coolers and dust off the lawn chairs.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Sounds like everybody is having awesome weather! Hope we don't get a cold snap that kills the plants that are blooming now....

Got my carb rebuilt and still have to tweak a few things, but it's running better than when I tucked it away last fall. Pretty much ready to start the cruise/show stuff though!

I have always wanted to check out that Pikes Peak Hill Climb though......someday when I have a real job that gives paid time off I might do that! :>( Or just bite the bullet and go!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fordnut-

I'm in Plainfield and the get together was at Cozzi Corners in Woodridge. It' about a 15 mile drive for me and most of us go to all the same cruise nights and shows in the southwest suburbs during the summer and fall.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Should be a weather repeat this weekend. What would be really unusual is if we didn't get at least one more significant snow storm before May.
Last weekend here in Colorado Springs it was unseasonably warm,...mid 70's. Took the '69 out from a drive and there were quite a few fellow enthusiasts on the streets,...blowing out the winter cobwebs. Put me right back in track with local motorsports events for the upcoming months; Pikes Peak hill climb, Mile high nationals, local track activities.....time to clean the coolers and dust off the lawn chairs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Plainfield might be a little farther than I want to go for a cruise night, but it sounds like you guys have fun. I am working with the Kane County Cougars on an day when we can bring our Cougars to the game, and drive the cars around the infield in a pre game ceremony. If I am able to set that up, is it something you would be joining in on?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fordnut - Now that is an interesting idea. If it is later in the year I know some other Cougar owners who might be interested too.
So l guess the answer is yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts