Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this vintage article which campares the 1970's Firebird vs Cougar vs Challenger RT. Check out how well the Cougar did. :)

http://www.pontiacserver.com/ps70_1.html

the article concludes with the authors having split opinions.

Conclusions:
Norbye: The Firebird is my kind of supercar. It gets me quickly from A to B without tiring me at all, and it sure gets attention.

Dunne: I'll go with the Cougar. It has the best brakes, the best ride, excellent power, and is a first-class turnpike cruiser.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Interesting article. Thanks for sharing the info, it will make my brother happy to see those numbers. I guess "Timmy the Tooth" is a pretty good car!

"Timmy the Tooth" is the nickname my brothers '70 recieved due to the front end.

·
Registered
210 Posts
:evil: LMAO... My brother is gonna try to whoop my @$$ if he sees me talkin' about "Timmy the Tooth" all over the forum! I'm suprised no '70 owners have said anything in defense of "The Tooth"

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
What could they say that we would belive. We know they have had there brains knocked out!!!! :D mm

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
LMAO..."Timmy the Tooth"
See the thing is that the more intelectual type Cougar dudes don't hit there head on the "Tooth" or "Fang" because we automatically know its there, we don't forget like the owners of other year cougars do. This is my theory, the forgetful types have to settle for other year cougars instead of the best year. I kinda feel bad now that the truth has been told so if any of you "other year" cougar owners want a ride in "wvtooth" stop by and I'll hook you up.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll take you up and that ride next time you're in my neighborhood

Anything to get a peak at that amazing interior of 'WVTooth' :)

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Cougars weren't the only cars with that infernal snaggletooth. The 70 Cutlass also had that noggin banger. I know from personal experience! :eek:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
"now that the truth has been told so if any of you "other year" cougar owners want a ride in "wvtooth" stop by and I'll hook you up.
John
wvcat "

John-
Count me in!!!
Chuck

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I am always open for cougar rides if you know what I mean. Sometimes it takes a little longer to get home from work, or little longer to run to the store. You all know how it is once you get behind the wheel of your cats, sometimes you just don't want to go home....lol
I won't be passing thru oregon anytime soon evilmess although you would be welcome to head out this way. I will be headed down your way in june Chuck on the way to the nats, I might be side tracked for a joyride. Are you going to the nats this year Chuck?
John
wvcat
BTW the cougar in the article did very well against its competition!!!!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
"I will be headed down your way in june Chuck on the way to the nats, I might be side tracked for a joyride. Are you going to the nats this year Chuck?
John
wvcat
BTW the cougar in the article did very well against its competition!!!! "

Nice article! Can't help but like what they had to say about the cougar!

John- I'm not sure about nats. HOPE to. If not, I only live about
6-7 minutes off Bluefield exit on 77 and the cafeteria I manage is about the same distance so if you are hungry when passing through...
Maybe by then ragcat will be legally on the road and we can TRADE rides!!! :1poke:

Chuck

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
John- At the risk of making this a personal chat between you and me, drop me an e-mail when it gets a little closer time.
Chuck

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry 70 Guys, but I've always preferred the boxier lines of the 67/68 over the "swoopie"lines of the 69/70. Personal preference.
Ron.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts