Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
aw leon give the man a break, lets find something solid, so he can do the fun stuff !

·
Registered
992 Posts
Bob said he had another project, he was looking for 69 drum spindles for it. maybe a parts car rebuild??

·
Registered
11,950 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Bob said he had another project, he was looking for 69 drum spindles for it. maybe a parts car rebuild??
I think they are for his car. I believe he is looking to do the late model Cobra brake swap at some point. You need drum spindles for that swap.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I think they are for his car. I believe he is looking to do the late model Cobra brake swap at some point. You need drum spindles for that swap.
Ding, Ding, Ding!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Here you go, Bob. You can have what's left over from this. The steering wheel is included. :evil:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Ding, Ding, Ding!
Cobra Automotive starts their disc brake kit with 1970 drum brake spindles. 1970 for the added strength over 1969 and previous.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Cobra Automotive starts their disc brake kit with 1970 drum brake spindles. 1970 for the added strength over 1969 and previous.
Understood, but Mustang Steve's stuff works with the '69 spindles as well. The difference in strength (to my knowledge) is not the spindles themselves, but in the tie rods and drag link which are bigger starting in '70 (and '69 Boss). The holes in the '69 spindles are smaller for the smaller tie rod ends.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
442 Posts
I don't think Bob's project will ever end. I don't have experience with ECI but I do have some experience with OCD and with OCD before one problem is solved, the mind manufactures two more scenarios that will happen if this happens and so on and so on. I can imagine with ECI a project is never finished because there is always the opportunity to take it to the next level of perfection. Isn't that why we all read and participated in the ECI thread for the last 101 pages? You gotta love the man! Just my OPINION, Sal

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
ECI Bob is more than welcome to come here for an extended stay and work his magic on my ECImobiles!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Black '59 Mercury that's not a rustbucket
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-mercury-2-door-hardtop-solid-car-VERY-RARE-/200085168200?pt=Salvage_Parts_Cars&hash=item2e96016048
That way eBob can spend time motoring around to shows picking up chrome and little parts for it, instead of being an argon huffing hermit in his garage. He can even bring the wifey if he wants.
These cars are AMAZING drivers and really fun to fix up because of how glam'ed up they were from the factory.
I'm just saying. Live a little AND fix up another oldie. Plus, the black would really look amazing post ECI bodywork.
The idea of Bob restoring one of these makes me giddy. I'd probably pledge monthly payments to him like he was public radio if he rolled up his sleeves on one of these.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I read the title of this thread with dread (maybe the worst is yet to come?) but the responses have been quite "nice" thus far. Thanks for the sentiment and for the kind words everyone. It has been a helluva journey, now the real fun starts.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
418 Posts
Your just lucky that I (and possibly the rest of us) havent had time to really mess with this.
Congrats BTW..
I have some really good suggestions.. really..

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
your just lucky that i (and possibly the rest of us) havent had time to really mess with this.
Congrats btw..
I have some really good suggestions.. Really..
x2 lmao........

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I read the title of this thread with dread (maybe the worst is yet to come?) but the responses have been quite "nice" thus far. Thanks, Bob
Nicest bunch of guys he's never met, and he's filled with "dread". Nice. Way to make us all "warm and fuzzy", Bahb!

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I read the title of this thread with dread (maybe the worst is yet to come?) but the responses have been quite "nice" thus far. Thanks for the sentiment and for the kind words everyone. It has been a helluva journey, now the real fun starts.

Regards,

Bob

We are working up to it

Just have to make sure some Moderator doesn't shut the thread down

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.