Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a date with the upholstery shop here in scenic Moses lake to install the new top on my 1969 vert'. It should be done on or before April 18th. After that I will be reinstalling the door and interior panels (after the glass is adjusted for fit). Looks like it will be making this year's show season. And in other related news....the thread which would up being called "oops" was meant to be kind of a teaser but the pictures didn't work. I can now let the "cat out of the bag"...I bought that 1973 standard from Enumclaw that was on eBay and Craigslist. It is resting at it's temporary refuge (Neal Jacobsen's shop) until I can get over the pass to pick it up. I will post pictures and such as soon as able. Pat Price

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
It's Yellow, with a ginger top. Drives well too. Pat, If I remember I'll take a couple pictures for you and post them. I just sent you the data plate info.3F91H54XXXX, 65D 6E, AF, 22B, 54, 2, X. If Mr Pinkerton see's this, Do you know what dealer is/was 54A086?
I'll let Pat decide if he wants to put the full VIN out. How ever, I will make sure it is be reported to the data base project.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again Neal. I don't care about the VIN getting out. I have the papers for the car so I'm not concerned. Pat

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
No, in fact the national database does not have an entry for dealer code 54A 086, so if later on someone gets a Marti report or an invoice, etc. we'd sure like to have the name and address of the dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Re: Finally....Some pictures too!

Here are some pics pf Pat's new Cougar as it sits in my shop.

It needs a good polishing.

I took more but am running low on time to head for work. You can see some more here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/badcatt/sets/72157626225308882/ I will move more in later tonight.

And Jim, I must have fat fingered the 10 key, the dealer number is 54A186

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Re: Finally....Some pictures too!

Ah yes that makes a big difference Neal. 54A186 = Olympic Mercury Inc., 4303 Roosevelt NE, Seattle, WA

·
Registered
442 Posts
Pat, nice car congrads on the buy Sal

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Nice car, Pat! I think my exterior vinyl was once the same color as yours - at least, when it wasn't old, faded and cracked - although mine is only a half cover. Interior is roughly the same; however my XR7 has the darker carpet, and "for some reason" the upholstery and door panels look a little different.
(Even without the GREEN SEAT BOTTOM and the very tired condition of the door panels.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts