Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the Cleveland in my Cougar! and it only took 2 1/2 years.
Check it out on my friends website @ HERE

It was a 2v cleveland...

It is now bored 30 over with stock crank and rods
4V heads
Crane Roller Cam
Crane Roller Lifters
Crane Roller Rocker Arms
Performnce Distrubutors D.U.I Igntion and Plug Wires
Edelbrock Induction
Hooker Swap Headers

Projected to make well over 400 horsepower!
:D

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Lookun; gooood!!

Don

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Looked like a Camaro to me....

When you get that bad boy on the dyno send us the numbers!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wanna Race?

Hey Cleveland, wanna race? :p: LoL, Just kidding, but anyways, I've got a full roller 357 (30 over) Windsor in my 69. 440 H.P. on the dot at 6500 RPM. I have the same valve covers, but for the small blocks, custom ground roller cam 296 duration , .533 intake, .544 exhaust. Crane Hyd. roller lifters, Crane 1.6 ratio roller rockers (not just roller tip). Speed Pro 9:5:1 Pistons, 30 Over, Pete Jackson gear drive, Pertronix ingnition, 1970 DOOE casting 4V heads. Gasket matched on both ends (not polished) and 2.02 and 1.60 valves. Holey Street Dominator intake and a Holley 750 cfm dual feed Carb. And various other small parts, to give me those few extra ponies. But *****en looking motor, I love those valve covers, you have chrome or polished alum.? I have the polished myself.

-Josh

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
looks killer man. im debating again on whether or not to build a Cleveland or a Windsor stroker for the next project.. looking like a stroker Windsor will be cheaper though as i can sell most of my Cleveland stuff ( although i may keep the 4v heads for future use ) to offset the cost a bit. and Minimum Wage... ever been down to Bobs Big Boy in Burbank on Friday nights?? might be cool to check out that Cougar amongts ours. damn engine will put mien to shame though over and over again lol.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Bob's is a lot of fun, you have to get there early because parking is GONE in a hurry! I went by a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find parking for about three blocks... there's usually good representation from many different genres of classic cars, from stock restos to street machines to restomods to lead-sled rods... there's always a very cool assortment to be appreciated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts