Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally sold my 67 Cougar. It is a shame that these cars don't have a better following. Very easy to get upside down in restoring them IMO. Mustangs in the same or similar condition easily sell for 30-50% or more.

Later :wave:

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
It is hard to not be upside down on a car restoration, any car restoration. Unless you have mad skills and don't mind working for $1 per hour.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
x2 to that! The minute you buy one you are basically saying I am going to own it for fun - not for proffit. Rarely does anything make a good "flip" unless it's particular rare/highly sought and in pretty damn good condition to start with.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Finally sold my 67 Cougar. It is a shame that these cars don't have a better following. Very easy to get upside down in restoring them IMO. Mustangs in the same or similar condition easily sell for 30-50% or more.

Later :wave:
Well, good luck in your "Mustang"...we'll keep our Cougars

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Personally, I love the fact that a Cougar is so much less common than a Mustang. As for values, I could care less, I built it for me, not as an investment. Very few cars out there are investments.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Personally, I love the fact that a Cougar is so much less common than a Mustang. As for values, I could care less, I built it for me, not as an investment. Very few cars out there are investments.
I agree Bob, it is mine and I LOVE that car! Just that one time that the old lady with the walker (with tennis balls on the feet) and the arthritic fingers (she must have been at least 80 years old) stopped in the middle of the Casey's parking lot while following her husband into the store and gave me a thumbs up, convinced me that it really is a special car. If I did the math right, that gal most likely was about 25-35 years old when my car was new. And she still thought enough of it to risk letting go of her walker. It just made my entire year...LOL! I laughed on the way out of the parking lot, reflecting on her jesture...he thumb was so bent from arthritis she might have been trying to hitch a ride with me...it really wasn't straight up in the air, kind of bent off to the side...but I got the message. Every single time I go out in it, somebody tells me how much they like it. Just the fact that they don't make them any more makes them more valuable to me than any Mustang could ever be.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
It is hard to not be upside down on a car restoration, any car restoration. Unless you have mad skills and don't mind working for $1 per hour.
For those of us that own our own business that might be a raise. :buck:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't misunderstand me. I wish I could have kept both my cars (Cougar and Mach 1) but the parts cost went way over budget on the Cougar. Too many other expenses came up and something had to go. Sorry but a 70 Mach was going to win over a 67 standard, even if it was gorgeous. Have a great weekend eveyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts