Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Ruby has finally passed roadworthy and is now licensed in my name, got her number plates today, std ones, nothing fancy, can't think of what to put on custom plates, we can only have 6 letters and then it has to be EC at the end, but that costs a fortune, its cheaper to get 3 numbers and then 3 letters, and still have the EC at the end, also want to get ones that can match up with Stephens one, seeing as it is now also a std no. plate, Cougar EC is now relegated to the wall in the garage.
Only ones i can think of are:
070 CAT EC
072 CAT EC

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, took her for a ride today, my 19 year old has never been in the car so I took him with me when I went down to the hardware store, he is so jealous of the car its unreal, anyway when I left my hubby arrived in the 72 so I followed him up to one of my tenants houses, it was so cool watching people's reaction, specially when we pulled out from the parking lot, on both the cars you get a real smokey pull off if you turn right, first he pulled off in a cloud and there was no ways I was going to be outdone, my little one was in his seat in the back, saying look look ...fire.
My car has a much faster pull-off than the 72, she literally leaps forward, with just a touch of my toe, [I drive barefoot]. But she hits a bit of a dead spot after pull-off, whereas the 72 will pull off and keep going faster, I have to take my foot off the accelerator and then hit gas again to get mine to carry on moving at the same speed. Both have 9" diffs, his is 2.75:1 and mine is 3:1.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Careful or you will get his and hers traffic tickets....lol...

Bruce

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol........thankfully there are no sound laws that I know of, on the way back S was way behind me, asked him why when we got home and he said that the noise from my engine was drowning out his:). Don't actually go fast in urban area, just on pull offs, not only dangerous and stupid but I also don't want to put myself in the eyes of the traffic cops, they will never leave me in peace. On the way up we passed a massive road block, on the other side of the road, needless to say we came home a different route.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thats great that you got your car on the road again. Another mean cat prowling the streets. I hate those sound laws. They are popping up more and more everywhere. My parents told me to be careful in KC because they are inforcing them more often now. Never been caught before but they have to catch me first, hahah, kidding. I do set car alarms off all the time at my college. Thats always fun to do.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
yeah BABY!!! I LOVE driving my baby to work...it sets off a whole symphony of car alarms in the parking structure...sometimes I park on the top story just to pass by ALL the cars on the way up and down...

OK, OK...so maybe I need some hobbies... ;)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, mine has not set off any alarms, think its time I visited the local mall's underground parking, we don't really have big parking structures here, only about 2 levels, do have them in SA, just not in my town. I went to fetch my son at college today since he has crashed his car and did a bit of roaring round the campus, he loves it, smoked a little bit of tyre when we left, I have to start saving for new rear tyres at this rate so have cut down on the smoking abit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts