Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been searching for a roof skin for 69 Eliminator and finally just ordered one from WCCC. I can't believe i waited almost a year thinking "i'll find a parts car sooner or later". I should have not waisted the time. Don and Lin were fair on there price and roof looks real nice. I'm hoping to get it welded on over the thanksgiving holidays.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
wish I could of helped man..I just didnt have anything, the one that I did have the guy from greenville, came quick after you were looking and got the one we had. I have a couple 68 ones for any future projects...good luck with the car..
John

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had been searching for a roof skin for 69 Eliminator and finally just ordered one from WCCC. I can't believe i waited almost a year thinking "i'll find a parts car sooner or later". I should have not waisted the time. Don and Lin were fair on there price and roof looks real nice. I'm hoping to get it welded on over the thanksgiving holidays.
In your picture it looks like you shaved the drip rails?

You're correct... you shouldn't have waited! Don, Lin and everyone @ WCCC are great folks and you won't find better customer service anywhere! Felix from WCCC actually delivered the roof section I ordered from them earlier this year direct to my shop in central California himself as he was on his way to Texas! (Hows that for customer service!) Now that the new section's installed you can't even see where the seam is!

DSCN1207.jpg

Good luck on your project!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(coolfogman) Must just be a optical illusion the drip rail is still there. Yours looks great! did you use lead back in the seam?
I'm still up in the air on weather to weld it all the way around or just weld the pillars and use 3m Panel bond along the drip rails and front/back windshield channel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts