Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your intrepid reporter has arrived in Carlisle and so far I have encountered the following Cougar enthusiasts:

Dave Wywras
Randy Goodling
Craig Keith (American Muscle Car and Sunstar reference Hertz XR-7G, for those who don't know Craig)
Kenny Gray (XR-7 GT owner and friend of Craig/Dave/Bill)

I have seen evidence of Jim Karamanis in the form of a Pinto race car in Building T, but no sign of the man himself.

I have clearly seen that Chris Gauch and Local Hero are NOT here. :uhoh:

There is already some parts scooping going on, but the show field is largely empty and vendors are still arriving. More to follow....

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Am I there yet Bill?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have my camera all recharged and ready. Pictures will be forthcoming. Craig and Kenny are sharing the beer as always and we all know there won't be any leftovers.

The ghost of Al Bundy was reportedly hanging around the womens oasis, but that's just hearsay. No one has produced any hard evidence of his presence, so he's officially on the list of those NOT here.

Chris, I will pass your greetings along since you are now one of us! I'll swing by Rktmn-Central sometime this morning and let him know the Australians are cheering for his imminent arrival in Texas.

Signing off for now, more to come on the evening news...

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
I have clearly seen that Chris Gauch and Local Hero are NOT here. :uhoh:
I thought I made it perfectly clear :) that I wanted to fly under the radar and I'm hanging with the T-Bird crowd instead. No one points out the flaws on a non-show car driver over there....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Love those Turbo Coupes!!!!!! Have fun Bill.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I thought I made it perfectly clear :) that I wanted to fly under the radar and I'm hanging with the T-Bird crowd instead...
Those were always nice lookn' cars Mark.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Those were always nice lookn' cars Mark.
Thanks man! I fell in love with the style when they were new but couldn't afford one. When my daily driver got totalled in 1991 I searched and found this one. It was my daily until I started working downtown. Little by little I've been saving it and now Jr. says it's his. He's 7. LOL! It'll be cool though. He'll get an unrestored survivor when he's ready to drive.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I dropped off the car yesterday and headed back home. Had a meeting I couldn't miss today in DC, but will be back in Carlisle first thing tomorrow morning....
I hope you have fun over there Jim, and carry our message of good will to 99% the attendees.

;)

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought I made it perfectly clear :) that I wanted to fly under the radar and I'm hanging with the T-Bird crowd instead.
OK, that explains the guy in their tent with the sombrero and fake beard. He kind of stood out because the rest of them kept looking wistfully over at our Cougars. Besides, being in the T-Bird tent doesn't qualify as being here, since it's a known fact that, without a Cougar, you haven't actually arrived. :evil:

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As promised, here are some pictures from today -

Dave Wywras, arriving...

Should this be my son's college commuter car?

A wild and wacky Cougar for sale...

My recently redone 67 XR-7 GT at it's first show...

A gaggle of later model Cougars joins the fun!

A small sampling of some of the other 67-68's at the show. I don't have names to assign to all of them yet, and I have a bunch more pictures to add as I get time.

Today saw the arrival of Carl Graziano (of the ClassicCougars Yahoo listserv community), some Cougar owners from CT who aren listserv members, a gorgeous '73 hardtop from Vermont (pics pending), and a bunch of other folk I don't have identities for yet. I know that ECI Bob is here unless someone else has a NJ registration that says Isabel, but I haven't met up with him yet.

Today was mostly about wandering the swap meet part of Carlisle. For those who might be interested, I did learn that it is possible to get one of the TMI Pony consoles to fit over the Cougar console. They actually took the time to test fit it in my car, then mix and match the Mustang console styles and colors to come up with the correct part number for a '67 Cougar with Dark Ivy Gold interior. It will take a month to get it, but I will have an armrest and cupholders and the show special price was only $99 at CJ Pony Parts.

More to follow...

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Bill, Can you order one of those for me? I also have a '67 XR7 with factory console and dark ivy green. I can supply credit card info or what ever needs to happen. I also sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I'm here too, but cougar-less. Too many mustang parts to bring back in the cougar. Just seeing ECI Bob's car was worth the trip. He did an awesome job.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
It won't be as much fun without you and your burnouts!
You say the nicest things Jim. Perhaps if I get this move under my belt I can find a way to make it right for you at the Nats.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts