Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the lower corner of the front fender towards the door, there is an attachment point that is not there on my car. What do i need for parts and how does it hold in that square hole in the rocker area?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I can't remember, but what year is Cougar? John

·
Registered
384 Posts
You have lost a pressed in nut that is suppose to be in the rocker (frame)section. They usually come out when taking the old fender off when there is rust involved. You can get new ones from most parts places but it might not stay in because the hole is too big from rust. You might have to tack welded it in. I have drilled a new hole next to the original and slid a fender clip in there, works everytime.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This has been great help. There is another attaching question. I poured through the unlimited catalog and could not find the L shaped bracket that attaches the bottom of the fender towards the wheel opening. Any help there?

·
Registered
913 Posts
That is called a Rear splash shield bracket part#16256/7 page 200 of NPD catalog.
M/U page 190 #SSB1

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is called a Rear splash shield bracket part#16256/7 page 200 of NPD catalog.
M/U page 190 #SSB1
dang I saw those M[U but the name and pic didn't ring a bell with me. thanks very much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts