Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your favorite tunes to listen to while cruisin with the windows/top down in your classic cougar? ? ?

Only put 200 miles on my cougar so far and during that time Rush has definately been a good one. I need some suggestions! Preferably tunes from the 60's and 70's of course! Or anything that makes you feel like your the king of the road haha

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Deep Purple Machine Head
Led Zeppelin II
Pink Floyd, dark side of the moon, or wish you were here

the first two will cost you ticket wise...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Cake- Going the Distance
Springsteen- Thunder Road

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe a little cliche, am saving it for when I get the classic, have a modern Cougar now and play it in there.

Al Stewart - Year of the cat

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Thin Lizzy-The Boys Are Back In Town.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Uncle Ted of course --- Cat Scratch Fever! Also Terminus ElDorado ranks up there...then theres old Sabboth, Judas Priest, Credence, pretty much the 70's stuff.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Well, i'm on a wierd kick right now, but the sun has been making appearances lately so the top has been down for my commute the last few days. Chilly in the morning, but that's what a heater is for!

Why does the sun shine - They Might Be Giants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbgul1NpEA8)
My Guitar Want's To Kill Your Mama - G3 version, not the original Zappa version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYbHYslZiM)
Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac, I love the guitar in this one - you know the song, so i'm not gonna link it :)
I've also been jamming to Metallica, off of their Death Magnetic disc. Lots of heavy guitar, reminscent of thier old days.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I'll eyeball my pile of 8 tracks when I get home

santana abraxas wasn't bad either

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Golden Earring - Radar Love
Rockin Down the Highway - Doobie Brothers

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I am not driving my cat yet but on the bike it is skynnerd on the way into work and Don Williams or Charly Pride on the way home.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mmmm, for a 1967/1968 Cougar: Iron Butterfly, Deep Purple Mark I, Doors, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Grateful Dead (Album 1 & 2), Moody Blues, SRC, James Gang, Glass Harp

·
Registered
152 Posts
Boston- More than a Feeling, Whitesnake- Here I Go again, Pantera- Walk and Cowboys From Hell, and a soft song for the wife.......DIRTY WHITE BOY by Foreigner! Ha ha!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Easy, Beach Boys "I Get Around" and Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone"

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Greg Allman - Midnight Rider

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Steve Miller - Mercury Blues