Mercury Cougar Owners banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Somebody has to take up the bottom of the list, so I challenge anyone to post a slower time than this
And now to your own special spot in our list....#50 :burnout:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How do I put my times on the list?

Mike
Hmmmm...I remember typing it in but it was not saved. :(
Now...#20 (Fastest 8 sec 1/8mi car in that group so far)

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
New best time is 13.89 at 104. 3890 lbs with driver. 3.91 gears.

Thanks,
Got it! Want to post up so 1/8mi times as well?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My newest update , went a [email protected] 108 in the 1/8th and [email protected] 134 in the 1/4. I'm currectly making some changes 9.60' s next year, 427w na
Good enough to steal #2 from DragBoss...sorry Tim. :)
Econodrag still #1
Finagler has the best announced spot but we need to learn more about him before giving him #1. Right, Econo?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Tim, I think we would run within 1 hundreth of each other under the same
conditions. I already took off work for labor day weekend to race at the
NMRA race at National Trail. Hope to see you there, Maybe a 1969
Cougar match race is possible?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Who/what are the missing places on the list?

Mike
Good question. When I started penciling in this list I was hoping to have a lot more responses so I "kind of" started in groups of 10 based on 1/8mi ET and a little bit of 1/4 mi ET.

Seems that the number of cats wishing to be on the list is low so maybe it's time to cut the gaps out and make a continuous list from 1 to ???

I'm open for suggestions on how y'all want the list to look. I could use some formatting tricks if you know how as well as it seems no matter what I do it posts in that crappy font and shrinks out all the spaces I put in to make it readable. :)
Bill

·
Registered
48 Posts
1st time out with the Cougar this year was last Saturday, went a 10.17 at 134 MPH on a 1.54 60ft. New tires and a poor track surface didn't help my cause. It would be nice to 60ft in the 1.30's like the top guys. They are getting it done.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I can't believe a Basically stock 67 390 A/T car is the 45th Fastest Cougar ever. I challenge every one to try to get out and make at least 1 pass down the track this summer. You will have the time of your life doing it, and post your times and info here. We sponsor a Local Racer running a 69 Cougar with 351C 4V Motor at Portland International Raceway. I don't think he is on here, but next time we talk, I will make sure info and E.T. are posted.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Who is this Logan character? ...and why did he mess with my MC.net?

j/k Big Guy! ;)

·
Registered
581 Posts
:) one day im gonna submit my time slips. 460 siamease bore, off the cam electric distributor MAYBE electric cam (currently discussing with someone overseas about this.) Expecting 750 minimum hp/tq 8 pt roll cage, square rails tube cage, a-arm struts 4 link rear 3:37 posi 4 speed manual (cause real drag cars are shift stick.) Maybe some other crazy ideas. We'll see. Still thinking about using a junk yard mod for webber stacks, definitely going with a carbon fiber hood

Edit: for those curious about the electrical cam http://www.denso-europe.com/Electric-Variable-Cam-Timing--1014030000000001.aspx

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Fastcat, you can get 750hp out of a 460 without a bunch of geegaws and doodads like electric cams. You can do it with a stock iron block, crank, and the right iron heads.
Seriously.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
"Electric cam" = VVT. I said it before and I'll say it again, "what a maroon".

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Fastcat, you can get 750hp out of a 460 without a bunch of geegaws and doodads like electric cams. You can do it with a stock iron block, crank, and the right iron heads.
Seriously.

Shoulda said something 3 years ago - I sold mine before giving up on racing, at least for now. All cast iron like Andy says and still turned out 735hp. Grab a good FE performance book and use it as your bible - it will prove invaluable. Probably plenty of guys who disagree about the 4 speed too - more fun without a doubt, but consistency is hard to beat with auto no matter how you slice it. Webbers are a total PITA to maintain anything that even resembles "tunned", especially homegrown setup like old school dragsters used. If the weather/temp changes you gotta start tweaking again....too many headaches - but they look awesome! When it comes down to the brass nuts - drag racing is 90% consistancy if you like winning. But as we all know real race cars don't turn corners! --he, he Tell that to your NASCAR buddies! (For us impatient types anyway)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: The Finagler A/FC Jeff Foulk

Update to my times and hope to get in the 11's this weekend.

SuperXR7 89XR7 3.8L SC 4016 1.765 7.651 90.64 12.020 112.19

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Shoulda said something 3 years ago - I sold mine before giving up on racing, at least for now. All cast iron like Andy says and still turned out 735hp. Grab a good FE performance book and use it as your bible - it will prove invaluable...
??? A 460 is a Lima, not an FE.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Re: The Finagler A/FC Jeff Foulk

Ok, that car is rockin' for a 3.8L. Care to tell how much boost you're running? :)
Times updated. Kept your old ones for historical reasons...

21 - 40 of 56 Posts