Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know they never made one. But, what would it look like? This months Popular Hotrodding has a drawing of what it may have looked like. A cross between a 69 and a flashback Torino. Not bad. I think I attached a pic of the page. If not, I will figure it out or put a link to it in my album.

Attachments

·
I thought I changed this?
1,213 Posts
Been a couple of threads about this.

I've a feeling someone was building one (in Colorado ??)

Been fancying the idea with my '71 since the roof isn't great, but finding a donor might be the biggest problem.

Tring to graft my front end onto an Aussie Ford Falcon might be an easier option than removing a 'Stang roof, but Falcons are quite scarce in Europe.

Many, many years away from doing this personally tho, need to practice my fabrication skills as well as finding suitable workspace.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I approve of this thread.........lol

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

Now the front end is off my 69 mustang maybe I ought to put a cougar front end one it....

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Four-55. If you want to I will give you the parts to do it. Catch is you must come get them. Thinking about it........ theyes should be an almost bolt on deal. A little nip and tuck but not nearly as hard as welding on the back half.

If I sound find a flashback or mach1 mustang shell I would totally do this.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
LOL...I don't think that would be a good idea given that it's a BB car...maybe next time I can find a 6 cyl and do it to...

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Been a couple of threads about this.

I've a feeling someone was building one (in Colorado ??)
Chuck Logan in New Mexico, either a 1967 or 1968.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts