Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ragcat II Has Been Sold

by ragcat » Today, 05:54
Due to a pending move, and the fact that getting anything done to her had pretty much come to a dead stand still, I sold her a few weeks ago. She was coming along nicely, albeit slowly, but ran into nightmares trying to wire the 5.0. My friend helping me, although he would not admit it, was stumped and, I think, had just grown weary of messing with it. Because of upcoming expenses and so forth I made the decision to list in CL with the intentions of posting here as well. I feel she went to a great home though. The second day after listing, I got multiple e-mails from several interested parties, all wanting more information, except for one, which I initially thought was a hoax/scam. That first e-mail simply asked if I wanted to trade for a (forget the model) Polaris 4-wheeler. Started not to even reply but did anyway, stating no not interested. 2nd e-mail asked if I would take $xxxx for it, an amount that was $1000 less than asking. Replied stating no, that the ‘least’ I could do was an amount ½ way between the 2. From there real questions, e-mails, and even texts with pictures, started flowing, and before I knew it this real nice cop from Maryland, who sent me pictures of a Mustang he had done and a ‘big boat’ Merc ‘vert he had owned, was on his way with a trailer to purchase Ragcat II, sight unseen. He had even given her a name, before he had ever seen her—‘Showstopper’. Since getting her, he has updated periodically with plans and progress. He found a ’70 ‘vert on the internet he wants to ‘copy’:

Although not Ragcat II anymore, I am happy and know she is where she will be returned to her glory, driven and appreciated. I have invited him to join the forums. I guess time will tell…

In the mean time, I have the as yet unnamed ’71 I recently purchased and hope to find the time, and with the help of a friend, get the motor back together and drive. The block is on a stand, has passed initial inspections, and reconstruction has began. Hopefully updates and pics of my ‘new’ cat on the road are forthcoming soon…..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Glad you found her a good home, Life does tend to get in the way sometimes and we have to make hard choices. Good luck with your move and prosper in your new location.

Lloyd

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Chuck,

Sorry to hear this but life is like that sometimes. I know you have "a thing" for the 'vert's and I would like to have seen you have one (another!)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dont fret my friend, things will start looking up and who knows, you might be able to buy it back from him later on when your situation changes.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Sounds like it's in good hands at least! Maybe keeping tabs on it will ease the pain a bit huh? It's hard to find time for all things, I keep getting crazy ideas on what other projects I would like - knowing full well I have to many now!! (Doesn't keep us from dreaming now does it!!)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the comments and kind words. Although I would rather have a '70 'vert, but at least I won't be totally Cougarless!!! LOL!! And the '71 is growing on me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts