Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning on pulling the eng/trans out of my 69 soon for a "refreshing". I have hoist brackets on both exhaust manifolds, but am not sure if they should be used.
I have 2 questions

1) Would these be orig.?
2) Any risk of cracking the manifold iff i use them?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have them on my 390 also, I believe they are original. I did not use them to remove the engine but it would have been much easier. If they are good for the engine and tranny combined I will use them to reinstall verses puling the intake bolts I used to take it out with.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
They are original. There is absolutely nothing original other than the block and head castings on my engine, and I used them to put the 2 in on my car not long ago. I will likely never use anything other than them because it is the best way to keep from beating stuff up with chains or straps (other than maybe a carb plate, but I don't have one of those).

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Do you think these brackets will hold the engine and tranny connected?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Cool and thanks for the picture, That is exactly how I want to reload mine. Was to much a pain in the but to take out separate. Had trouble getting the tranny split form the engine then had trouble getting the flywheel over the steering links! On the way in I will have the steering disconected. Just need to find a much taller hoist than the one I used to get it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts