Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my 67 coug ....There is a big ( Erwin Allen - SCI-FI ) type red light mounted under besides the heat control knobs.....

Is that the factor Alarm? and if so and if some FREAK in the past messed with the system is that one possible reason why my door and interior lights are not working?

There seems to be NO power at those connections....and YEP the fuse is ok.

I take it that the door and under the dash lights would be HOT with key off and open/off till the doors are opened.

I found a lead that ends with a female factory connector that comes out of the harness the same place as the wire for the SHIFT light....it reads CONT on my meter to both doors and the interior lights like the glove box and under dash lights but is NOT hot in any switch mode.

I just figured that a basic 1967 car alarm would be wired up to the DOORS, HOOD and maybe the TRUNK?

Clueless in Seattle.....ooooh that was bad....:1poke:

·
Registered
429 Posts
No. That's not a factory alarm. There was no such animal back in '67. What you're probably seeing is the parking brake light. It's not unusual for the switch to work it's way loose and stay on all the time while the key is on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts