Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a kick! With the exception of a few minor annoyances (like the quality and prices of the food concessions provided by Knott's) the 2002 Fab Fords show at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, California was great!

Classic Cougars were there in force--more than sixty of them--and they included some of the nicest Cats around. It was almost Cougar overload as I walked down the line looking at one great Cougar after another!

It's hard to say which was more fun, looking at all those great Cougars and other classic Fords or seeing old Cougar friends and meeting new ones. My only real complaint was that there wasn't nearly enough time to see all the cars and talk with everyone who came up to say hi.

Thanks to everyone involved for making Fab Fords a super way to start the show season!

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
it was a great show, i had alot of fun there. it was my first time showing my car and although it is primarily a daily driver, i still recieved alot of compliments on it. my main complaint?? well, yeah 2.50 for a soda is alot, but thats why we have trunks and coolers right?? he he. my other complaint?? i didnt take any pics of my car when it was there. ive been looking around to see if anyone else on here has. would you have any by chance?? its the gold 69 with the two white stripes on the hood.. if you have any that would be great.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sixt9coug...

I just looked through the 80-some shots I took at Fab Fords and apparently I missed your car. It may be that you didn't have your show information card in the windshield. I only shot cars with cards because, if I didn't have the information to identify the owner, we couldn't use the photo in the TCCN show article that will appear in the May edition.

That's the bad news. The good news is that Becci Tomlyn, TCCN's new Show Correspondent, shot just about all the Cougars and it is likely that she has a shot or two of your car. I am checking with Becci to see if she has the photos. If she does and you send your e-mail address to [email protected], I'll see that you get the pictures.

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Just a little pointer for identifying cars at a show.

Back when my wife was the president of the local car club, we held a benefit car show every year. As the cars were driving into the show site, they had to drive past our club banner. Every car had its picture taken in front of the banner and a small easel (8") was set up and we put the registration number of the car on the easel.

We ran the film to a local one-hour photo and had double prints made. One of the pics was reserved for the club's scrapbook and the other was put under plexiglass on the trophy plaque along with whatever pertinent info (ie, Best Full-size, Best Intermediate, Best Competition Car, Best paint, etc.) and the 'dash plaque' for the show was also affixed to the award. It made for a nice presentation piece! The non-award winning car's pictures were given to each entrant.

Just a thought for those of you who put on car shows!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Sample photo of car show entrant

Sample photo of what I was trying to say earlier...

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mug Shots

The show pictures look like an excellent idea. And, with the help of modern technology, we might be able to make it work even better.

How about a digital camera and a laptop with a good quality color printer attached? You could shoot the photos, download the images and print them on photo quality paper in a matter of minutes. Ain't technology grand!!!

Keep on Cattin'! :jump3:

Steve

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i dont remember getting a show info sheet....... was that in the registration pack?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Info Form

Yes, it was in the "goodie bag," under all that SVT literature. Real helpful stuff for a classic car owner.

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
lol, ok ok when i got the goodie bag, i just threw it in my trunk.... maybe next year ill actually look through it first

·
Registered
122 Posts
Man I wish I could of met you all! I was there with the Mustang crowd, and wanted to put some names to faces while checking out the cougars.

For those that might be interested, the Mustang forum that I help moderate decided a few years back to go in together and design and purchase some nice T-shirts that distinguished us from other non forum members, which in turn made it easier to pick a member out of the show crowd. It works great! Maybe some of you regulars could get something going, if there isn't a Forum T-shirt already. I would be interested in one. Just a thought!

I was wearing my Mustang shirt at Knotts, maybe some of you may have seen one of us wearing it, which said (V.M.F. Vintage Mustang Forums) on the back. I was wearing a black cowboy hat with a blown engine on the hat band.

Anyway, it sure would of been nice if to meet some of you. Maybe next year! :) BTW, I tried to get over to the Cougar club meeting on Saturday, but the wife wasn't feeling well, so I had to cut out some of the activities, next time!

Doug

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
cant say i saw ya there.... if anyone was looking, i was the big mexican guy with the white shirt and the blue denim shorts. i was with an older guy and another mexican guy about my age ( a teacher and a buddy ). i did go to the Saturday meeting, and i plan to get next time as well. good bunch of people there :)

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Im actually thinking of doing somethings for this site. I havent talked it over with Logan yet, but I am in talks with a local silk screener here for shirts. I think it would be a cool idea for shirts, or hats. Im also thinking about some sort of bumper sticker. I dont like stickers on my car, but Im thinking about a static brand so it could be placed on info sheets of your car at shows or something like that to promote the site.

Please let me know if its what you guys would pay for, and WEAR. It's cheaper by the lot so I would need an idea of how many the guy would need to make. I've done a few ideas on shirts already (ruff drafts), but when Im done, I will post the ideas so you can all make a decision.

Rick
(TOM)
the other moderator)

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
I was there see

What a GREAT day. There was a great showing of Cougars 82 registered. Thanks to all who made it an excellent event. The best thing about owning a Cougar is so many people really love the style and look of the Cougar but would probably never own one. We are the lucky few that do.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
next year, i just may park on the grass whether they want me to or not :D wait, i bet you didnt get out till a few hours later though right?? i was too tired at the end to wait for all that...

·
Registered
122 Posts
XR7GT, I remember seeing your Cougar there! Matter of fact I think I got a couple of photos as well, since it appears to be close the same color as mine!

I had a chance to enter my 70 vert in the show at the last minute because one of the mustang members didn't make it, but sent his entry pass. Since I just bought the Cougar and picked it up Friday, I declined as it would of been the worst looking one of the bunch. Maybe in a couple of years it will be ready :)

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Are you kidding

I stayed till 6. I wasn't about to move my car from the Special Vehicle Display.. J/K we actually went out to dinner @ Knott's Chicken restaraunt to celebrate Art Hopkins' 1968 XR7G winning the Best of Show award

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
I was there see

What a GREAT day. There was a great showing of Cougars 82 registered. Thanks to all who made it an excellent event. The best thing about owning a Cougar is so many people really love the style and look of the Cougar but would probably never own one. We are the lucky few that do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Thanks

Evilmess yours sure looks good to me

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
XR7GTs looks even better in person, i am very impressed. and of course, its the color Cougars look best in... he he

1 - 20 of 27 Posts