Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
There is a good reason that car is rare now and always has been.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey, mom bought a 4 door in 78 because she saw how my 1970 held up for me! Mom loved that car but I could not convince her that by 78, Cougar was just a name on the car. That 78 sure was a boat.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The cougar and T-bird both met similar fates. But the only pony car to get dragged through so many morphs was the cougar. There was a revival kind of with the 89' supercharged xr7 but that was it. Ford did a great job with that limited T-bird re-issue several years ago. 73' was kind of the end of the line. I will say this If I had to take a 74 cougar or a 74 mustang II I would take the cougar.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I bought a brand new T-Bird in '77, with a 400. It sure was a big boat.

Very similar to the cougar. I believe they were called Elite bodies.

Jean

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The pics were taken at a park at 20th and Garrison. I'm about 10 miles from there and have lived around here all my life.

My mom almost traded in the 67 XR-7 GT in my sig for her brand new black with red leather 1977 cougar 2 door. They offered $400 for it on trade in and I was 14, not 16 and didn't have the money. My older brother was 15 with permit and had the money so that is how it stayed in the family.

My father later leased a 1979 Cougar, 2 door, grey with grey leather, that I got to drive a lot when I was 16-18ish.

Matter of fact, in the back of that 79 cougar and in that park one night with my girl friend.........

Thanx for the quick ride down memory lane.

BTW, If anyone is really interested in this car (choke, cough) I am close so lmk.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you think about it the T bird starting in 67 got 4doors all the way to I believe 71.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Matter of fact, in the back of that 79 cougar and in that park one night with my girl friend.........

Last edited by JB BATTERSHILL; 1 Hour Ago at 01:10 PM. Reason: add info <!-- / edit note -->
Too Much Info added... :bloated:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Well then get your mind outta the gutter.
Didn't anyone ever teach you how to do braid long hair in the back of a car:toung:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts