Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had one of the coolest things happen with my Baby today, so I wanted to share it with Y'all. I live in a pretty densely popluated area of Hawaii..(yeah, what's not) So I'm driving through my parking garage, just sort of Idling through, and I hear this "chirp Chirp" of a car alarm, and look over to see that no one is actually getting in the Honda, the Low end rumble of my Cougar was actually setting off the "warning" chirp of this alarm. So, being the evil, vicious person that I am, I planted my Cat in park, right in the middle of the garage, and proceeded to rev it up. Talk about cool...not only did the Honda's alarm go off, but atleast two others did as well...it was AWESOME!
Ok, I'm done, just thought I would share..and no, I don't think its an exhaust problem! :)

Dave Brors
'71 Cougar in Paradise :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
you are now my new hero....a cat owner in Hawaii....too sweet....went there 2 years ago....2nd day there, had a job offer at Punchbowl Autobody 3 blks from our room, and 1 blk away from Waikiki !!...walked in, place was dead quiet and plumb full of work...he said the surf was up and his crew hasn't showed up in 2 days....we asked me about my experience, then promptly asked if i could start that day...he had a rental lined up for me and everything (his bro in law had many rentals)...5 days of trying to make it work in my head, the misses dragged me off to the airport...gonna live there someday....and the Cat is coming with me...:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used to live in Hawaii (Makawao, Maui). It's ALL it's cracked up to be and more. But there are tourist traps there that will ruin your entire week. You just have to know where to go. I absolutely loved it there. I WILL one day live there again. I didn't particularly like Oahu that much, the Honolulu area in particular. It was too congested and too many tourists. There were some nice areas on the north and east ends of the island though.

There is nothing better than real home-cooked Hawaiian food. Polynesian food would probably be a more correct name for it.

I am in love with the color of my cobra because it reminds me of Hawaii. I miss my palm trees, my ocean and everything related.

Here's a pic of the Cobra... Sorry for the thread hijack.

·
Registered
113 Posts
IF IT'S TOO LOUD...............

...........YOU'RE TOO OLD!!!!!!!!!:burnout:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'll be in honolulu on the 20th I will look for the loud cougar and probably the only one on the Island if in fact your on Oahu.

Lance

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Wow, the Hawaiians are suddenly coming out....

Martin on this site lives in Pukalani on Maui (and has a '69 XR-7 390, I think). I grew up in Kahului on Maui, and my cat used to start fire drills in the parking structure at Ka'ahumanu Center (at least 5-10 cars over three floors). I also used to leave school mid-day (I was volunteering for about 2 hours/day twice/week at MHPCC/MRTC out in Kihei) and would inevitably set off several alarms in the row of cars of the h.s. parking lot as I left...

Maybe we should start an Aloha State Cougar Club (ASCC)... or we could be more creative with the name, and come up with something meaningful... I can talk to my Aunt- or Grandmother-in-law (both speak fluent Hawaiian) to get some good names, I'm gonna have to get their advice on kids' names soon anyway....

19COBRA93 - I agree, the food is everything! It's what I miss the most! And when did you live in Makawao? By your age, you would have been a year ahead of me at Maui High School (I'm class of '96 -- remember Saberman? That's me...)

·
Registered
454 Posts
LOL! Too fun! In my younger days, not long ago, me and my buddies favorite passtime was setting off alarms in car garages with my cougar. The most I was able to score was 7 at once.

Good clean fun, and a way to get back at those people who have those annoyingly sensitive alarms.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I do this every morning with my 67 in the Parking garage at work. When I first got my Coug, it had no exhaust pipes...was running directly out of headers to mufflers. I'd set them all off. Now, with this proper exhaust system in it...I throw off about 1 or 2 on each floor. I prefer going up to the 4th floor so I can see how many I can fire off.

:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts