Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I cannot find any 3" tail pipes (over the axle pipes) for a -69 mustang/cougar on the net, guessing I need to custom build it. I dont have any muffler shop close by unfortunately so before I get into all that I want to check with you guys if you know somewhere I can buy a pair premade?

And yes I want 3" all the way back... :evil:

Thanks,
Hampus

·
Registered
759 Posts
Magnaflow sells a stainless 3" full kit part# 15819. I have the 2.5 version (15816) in my 67 Cougar and my buddy has the same in his 69 351C Mach One.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
I have the 3" Magnaflow "over the axle". The Mustang kit they sell does not fit Cougar since the Cougars are longer in that section. What I did was use as much of the Mustang kit as I could and had my installer stitch in 3" SS Maganflow extensions to give a look of "factory"

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have the 3" Magnaflow "over the axle". The Mustang kit they sell does not fit Cougar since the Cougars are longer in that section. What I did was use as much of the Mustang kit as I could and had my installer stitch in 3" SS Maganflow extensions to give a look of "factory"
Good to know, they must have changed something on the 3" vs the 2.5"

OT. Nice specs on that 418W!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, great suggestions, wonder how I missed that part nr... I'm just after the pipes behind the muffler and backwards so it's not completely what I need. But I've emailed magnaflow and asked if they sell just the tail pipes. Probably not, but I've rolled the dice anyways... :) Otherwise I dont have any other options than to travel long distances to get this custom made for me.

Let u know how it plays out.

Cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, of course they didn't sell the tailpipes only. So I'll start looking for a muffler shop that can custom build me a pair.

Thanks anyways,
Hampus

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Well, of course they didn't sell the tailpipes only. So I'll start looking for a muffler shop that can custom build me a pair.

Thanks anyways,
Hampus
That sucks so if I put a magnaflow system on and for some darn reason I need to replace a tailpipe ..... They won't sell just a tailpipe ????? they need to fix that ..... hell they got them ..why not sell em ????

·
Premium Member
13,578 Posts
Hampus,

Get in touch with Heartthrob Exhaust, they should be able to make you a set. They helped me with the exhaust on Isabel, made me a set of tailpipes in fact.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
3" is alot of pipe to bend thru tight places ...... heck 2 1/2 " can be a battle to bend with alot of tight compound bends .....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts