Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evilmess, who's car in that picture that is at the end of all your posts? If that is yours I gotta say I really like that color and look to your car. Can I ask specifics on what color that is and what methods you went through in painting? (base,clearcoats,etc.)
Really nice car........

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yes that's my 68 XR-7. :)

It was originally Lime Frost Poly with a black vinyl top but was repainted dark metallic grey at some point in it's life.

It's been years since the paint job and it's in pretty bad shape after years of neglect (dull - chipped - scratched). It really is a nice color but not my first choice.

When I got the car (back in Sept. 2001) I entertained the thought of restoring it to Lime Frost Poly some day but I am now leaning towards black or Midnight Blue. I'll figure it out when I get there :)

Unfortunately I don't know the specifics of the paint job but in my opinion is poorly done since you can see bits of lime frost poly in the door jams, under the hood, etc...

More Pix

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It's amazing what wheels will do for a car...not that it did not look good with the standard hubcaps...but now!! Nice car. It seems that the wheels were made for that color!

·
Registered
406 Posts
bruter said:
It seems that the wheels were made for that color!
Well said! I was thinking that exact same thing and was going to comment on it, but you beat me to the punch. For some reason I thought that car was blue, but it really does look great regardless. And yes those rims do fit that car amazingly. - Chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts