Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry probably late on the subject...just found a "ethanol free" station in Everett, WA (21st & Broadway)...read alot on the subject but not sure I fully understand. Have a '69 Cougar convertible (351W stock - no mods). Have been running Premium Unleaded 92 with a Gunk Lead Additive. Is there an advantage to switching to Ethanol free AND what about the lead additive? Have read alot about clogged fuel lines, eaten fuel floats and the like. Would like some straight answers before i do anything.

thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
That was a good read. After reading it I feel better with my cat as all the lines, fuel tank and fuel pump will be new. Not sure once I rebuild the carb if that will take care of that issue or not but we will see when the time comes.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah - I bet she will run as new as she looks when you get the carb re-habbed Harv. Good how to Autolite rebuild on the mustang monthly site - or mustangs and fast fords was it..? One of those...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ethanol free app is availble for iphone.
www.pure-gas.org

Today is last day to comment on the crappy gas we have been buying.

Do we need summer and winter gas? Will my lawnmower hate me if I use winter gas?

GO TO THIS WEBSITE AND CLICK ON COMMENTS.

Thanks,

Russell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts