Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pictures of Esmerelda everyone has been pestering me for. I have a short video of her running, which I'll try and post a link to later.

Everything in the engine compartment and driveline is date-coded. VIN is on the transmission and the engine block. Rear end, heads and intake have matching dates. Carb and distributor have correct dates on them (pre-date the build day of the car by a few weeks). Complete smog and working ram-air. This is an A/C car too. I currently have her on 14" BF Goodrich tires, but am going to set her up on vintage Wide-Oval rubber, as per the Marti Report.

I've never had a carburetted car start as easily as this one does. One click of the key and she fires. No sawing on the starter. Strong exhaust note, with that intoxicating Cobra Jet burble that leaves the Fast and Furious crowd humbled by her old school power and presence. Bow down in homage, young guns! Old farts rule!

Esmerelda Right Front.jpg Esmerelda Right Rear.jpg Esmerelda Engine.jpg

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Wow... that looks amazing. Congrats on such a great car. That color combo is really classy.

Just wondering, should the hood stripe be white? Seems like with the white interior, top, and pinstripes it would be the logical choice. Unless... were they only made in black originally?

I forget, what are your plans? Is it going to auction?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
:ylsup:G o r g e o u s!

I'm pretty sure, I just let a little out right now......Yup...That happened...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow... that looks amazing. Congrats on such a great car. That color combo is really classy.

Just wondering, should the hood stripe be white? Seems like with the white interior, top, and pinstripes it would be the logical choice. Unless... were they only made in black originally?

I forget, what are your plans? Is it going to auction?
I have a white stripe on her little sister, and it's a bit too bold for my taste. As far as I know, they only came from the factory in black. It wasn't something I was too worried about, as it is easily changed.

She is for sale. I had a no-sale result at Mecum Indianapolis and am getting ready to send her to some other events this summer and coming winter, if she doesn't sell in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has the letters now, I had an old set but they were not on for this picture. They are out of stock everywhere right now. I don't know who makes them. I recall I got a set from John Baumann years ago, but don't know the current status of availability.

I'll check the tire sizes for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts