Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't drove the Cougar over 60 mph in a while so I decided to take it out on a shopping trip yesterday. While on the highway I noticed that my steering seemed to be loose and going all over. Even on smooth roads I had to hold on tight to the steering wheel or the car would literally turn left.

I haven't had anything done to the suspension other than greasing the fittings several months ago. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong or why it might be so out of alignment? The last time the alignment was done the shop said they were at the limits for adjustment.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Any chance you got your hoses flipped arround on the power steering control? Maybe your control valve has an issue..?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't had any hoses disconnected to the steering, I guess I'll save up some funds this winter and get the rear brakes and front end redone next spring. I'm taking it out again today to check it over top to bottom before I wash it and put it under cover for hibernation.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
When a car wants to pull one way or the other, it's usually strut rods need adjusting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts