Mercury Cougar Owners banner

engine pulley bolts?

835 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  NOTORIOUS 
#1 ·
hi does anyone know what size and length bolts i need to attach the pulleys on a 302 engine? thanks,

#3 ·
Crank pulleys are special bolts, they are unique and have heads like the flywheel bolts. I have noted a couple of different lengths for those.

Water pump bolts depend upon the length of spacers when used without fan clutches. Tough to find sets of those, lots of different lengths, I gave up on that project.

#4 ·
I need all the bolts for all the pulleys just moved my cougar from my sisters to my new place and well she acts a few short of a six pack and threw a bunch of bolts an parts away for no reason. so im trying to figure it out i finally put in my under dash harness an just need to finish up on the engine. any help would be great.

#6 ·
Im trying to think what other pulleys- the fan pulley to water pump are 5/16-24 fine thread, sems
the idler brackets if ac are all 3/8-16 flange style heads- some have "dimple" in the center, others have counterbores- if still looking let us know, i'll post more pics if it helps you
engine fan to fan clutch attached Text Font

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.