Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have some type of clicking noise, which almost sounds electrical like a spark plug is bad and grounding out instead of firing off. Let me know what you think. I already replaced the spark plug wires.
https://youtu.be/5kEk_5ndmzo

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My car is making a clicking noise from the passenger side. I removed the valve cover and checked the rockers and they were fine. I have a 347 EFI SBF. Ive changed the plug wires and distributor and checked the spark plugs and they all metered good. I have the firing order for HO. When it idles its rough and when I give it had it'll start popping and misfiring around 2500rpm and won't respond to the throttle.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
A good starting point would be to do a compression test on each cylinder. Kinda sounds like a bad valve.......
Is this a new development or has this been an issue from day 1?

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Kinda sounds like an injector clicking. Maybe a bad injector(s)?

Fuel rail pressure sensor failing, possibly causing a fuel delivery problem? Not sure why that would give you a clicking sound though... but to me your description sounds like it may be a fuel issue.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
pull plug wires as it is running and see if one cylinder is dead/weak ... if only one is weak compression test it If more then one ... recheck firing order if that is fine then pull plugs and compression test ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts