Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a temporary fix, I want to touch up some overspray that a previous owner left in the engine bay. So I would like to use a paint that would match the original black (flat, semi-gloss??) and preferably in a spray can. Any suggestions??? Thanks for the :1zhelp: !

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
simple, Rustoleum satin black. its a semi gloss that i actually used in the ehngine bay of the red 67 i shot ( SHHH!!! dont tell the owner ! jk jk, he said he wanted it done cheap ok? ) the results were good, just blend it into the rest of the engine bay and after its dirty and worn it, youll never know. it was on the passengers side shock tower. it was wrinkled a bit, so i smoothed it out and shot it with that. looks clean, the pic really doesnt do it justice. not bad for like $3 eh?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
by the way... all that crap in the engine compartment isnt overspray, its just wet sanding residue from the primer

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...but that's almost the same as overspray!!! lol :lol: :lol: Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I used a semi-gloss black in my engine compartment, it faded alot so it looks really good. My motor was out so I could do a better job, but I used 3 cans of chassis black in a can.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys!! I did the touch-ups with a semi-gloss black and it looks great!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts