Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From this forum I believe that the engine bay to be correct would be a flat black. My painter is trying to get me to go to a satan. He says that the flat color will look dirty, smear when you rub it and overall let me down after a short wile. He is suggesting to go to a satan. Says it will clean easier, wont look like it is smeared and probably show better. I am trying to be as correct as I can in finishing this car. What are the opinions and suggestions here? Thanks.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Satin is the correct color paint. I don't know where the flat came from not from this forum.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
What color is satan? green or red

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Originally Posted by ZMAN
What color is satan? green or red

Play nice now boys.
Sorry, the devil made me do it.:evil:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a hard enough time trying to work this computer! I will ask for forgiveness for my spelling though. Glad there is still humor in our society with all the garbage and lack of respect I see every day. A little fun now and then is needed and enjoyed even by me! Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
LOL at Zman. The DP90LF is great I am sure, but I love the fact that having used Rustoleum Satin Black spray bombs allows me to touch up any boo-boo's with just a little masking (if needed) and another spray bomb!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have used Dupli-color engine enamel Low Gloss Black high temp. It looks nice and pretty
close to satin black. I feel it's a little more durable and is a high temp paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts