Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info on the following:

Engine: Contemplating putting a 351 in my 67 XR7. Original engine replaced long ago. Will my existing C-4 fit? If it does, is it too much of a load on it?

Paint: Looking for cougar pics with Medium Lime Metallic (G or I?) or Medium Avacado Metallic (G) and possibly Medium Ivy Green (P).

Thanks in advance....Steve:1poke:

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Sensei69 said:
Looking for info on the following:

Engine: Contemplating putting a 351 in my 67 XR7. Original engine replaced long ago. Will my existing C-4 fit? If it does, is it too much of a load on it?
Yes, you can use your flexplate, and motor mounts from the 289. If you're referring to a 351W, you can even use the 289 front cover, water pump, and harmonic balancer (Early balancers were 3 bolt, around 1969 were 4 bolt).

I have a C-4 behind a 392W, no problem!

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the engine info. I know where most of the codes are and am really looking for actual pic's of a cougar and not just the swatches. Lookin to see if anyone has done what is high on my list to paint my baby (no stripes though) Check here for 1970 Code 2G medium lime (avacado) metallic http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1830893486

I think it'll look sweet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts