Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to get the fender end caps off... justv wondering...
how may bolts... ect.. I want to plos the chrome trim,

Don

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOPS!!! Fat fingers and bud dry make it hard to type sometimes LOL... Yes, fender Extensions and I want to "polish" the trim. LOL anybody ever polish trim while it's still on the car? It's brushed looking now but I want it to look like chrome...

Don

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Don,

To take it apart everyting just to polish the trim would be anal retentive, even for me! LOL. I've buffed out the trim, on the car, with Mothers several times. I had the trim redone but didn't have mine re-annodized.
The wax residue does turn black from the aluminum but comes off easily. If you are using a high speed buffer I'd mask it off with blue tape (low tack).

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I know want you mean.... Last summer I had the trunk trim straightened out for both cats and the old dude really did a great job. he buffed them out to a high shine that looks great..... but the rest of the trim still has that brushed aluminium looking finish. I just want everything to match.... I know... I'm anal...LOL

Don

·
Registered
889 Posts
caps off

I just did this 20 minutes ago,you need a 3/8 and a 7/16 socket and a long extention there are 3-3/8 screws holding the splash sheild and 3-7/16 bolts holding the cap on.depending where th vacume tank is you may have to remove that as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts