Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a sudden situation that has arisen I am forced to sell my 1969 XR7 Convertible. Those of the Cascade Cougar Club know my car albiet it has only made it to one show (the Ponies in the Sun) last year. It still needs some minor work but I have poured alot of time and money into it. I prefer personal emails at [email protected] I have a price in mind of $17,000 but will entertain reasonable offers. Due to the nature of my situation I need to sell it as soon as possible. If you are at all interested please contact me asap. Thanks, Pat Price Yes, it is the car on my avatar.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Pat I hope everything turns out OK? Sorry to hear it's not going well....Looks like a nice car for someone - wish I had the cash! Good luck, hang in there

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Pat, Sorry to hear this. I hope you find a sale fast.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Pat,

You might want to post a link or at least the auction number. Good luck with the sale and sorry you have to sell her.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About 24 hours left on the auction. As I told one of the many watchers, if someone offers $13,000 cash it will sell. I am losing money but have no choice.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
A lot of bidding goes on last second Pat _ as much as I detest the way ebay works, it's the unfortunate way it goes. I hope you do way better than that though - looks like a 20K car all day long from what I can see. I wish I had it....xing my fingers Good luck

·
I thought I changed this?
1,213 Posts
Pat, if I only had the cash, I'd take it off your hands.

Come on, MCNet, somebody take his car and help a brother out.
At least if someone from the forum takes it he can be reassured it'll have a good home

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pat, if I only had the cash, I'd take it off your hands.

Come on, MCNet, somebody take his car and help a brother out.
At least if someone from the forum takes it he can be reassured it'll have a good home
I definitely appreciate the sentiment. What I can't believe is some of the lowball offers I have received. Talk about kicking someone while he's down.....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yeah my 69 Cougar vert is on Ebay right now as well. Unless things pick up towards the end mine won't sell. Fortunately for me i do not have to sell mine. Good luck man!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I had the same thing happen when I had a car up for a starting price or "Make Offer." Some were so insulting I didn't bother to reply. Another thing that annoyed me was a detailed description, including pictures, of a project car with the engine on a pallet. I get an email from someone asking if the car can be driven.

People like that are eBay morons.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unless a miracle happens in the next litle bit, I will have to relist it.....unless someone here steps up.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I see the listing ended. Was $15.5K a no-sale? Just wondering, seems like that number is within "reasonable offer" range of $17K asking.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Seems like there's been alot of 69 verts for sale lately too. People probably figuring with spring here, now's the time to sell. Just saw a white one show up on ebay today asking about the same.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts