Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been struggling with my hazard lights on my 1970 cougar coupe. I've changed the can under the dash and the sequential board in the trunk. all wires are good and all lights work fine. I also get a response from the switch on the steering column when I am pressing the brake. are there any more components that I can switch over. I should add the steering wheel was changed by the last owner could there be a problem with that. This is driving me crazy and getting expensive. Any thoughts or ideas

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey, I think your saying your hazard lights are not flashing, And you do not have a factory steering wheel. But i wanted to say there are 2 can's under the dash the sort and a long cans. The TURN SIGNAL SWITCH ( New Repo) you have to do the wiring cutting and splicing in maybe did not get done wright. But i would think if flashers are not working would think its the turn signal switch the plastic can crack. may two cents

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
You might get a better response if you post your question in the tech section. And then tell us what the lights are, and are not, doing. It's a lot easier to help you if we know exactly what the problem is.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.