Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove your old emblems? I'd like to put on new ones. Are they glued? I got a new paint job and the body shop stuck my trunk Cougar script on the wrong side!!!! It pisses me off every time I look at it!:angryfi:

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
The front fender emblems are held on with pins but the same-looking trunk emblem is stuck on, while the XR-7 emblem right next to it is held with pins. Go figure. :rolleyes:

When I did the bodywork on AlphaCat, I really really didn't want holes in my front fenders so I brazed them closed and used the stick-on emblems (they were available and cheap back then). The XR-7 trunk emblem I broke the pins off and used the double-sided tape stuff that the stick-ons use.

Now, you want to know how to get those stick-on emblems to release on new paint? I hope they used the stick on emblem and didn't drill holes in your decklid! Anyway, I'd suggest warming the area with a hairdryer and pulling gently! Chances are you'll have to replace the double-sided tape to re-apply the emblem in the correct location. The tape is available at most good parts stores or bodyworking supply shops.

Better yet, take your car back to the shop that put it on wrong and tell 'em to do it right!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Body shop idiots!

I would take it back to the body shop but, I moved and it is 3 hours away now! Do you think anyone will notice it being on the wrong side? I do not have the XR-7 emblem yet. I do but, it looks bad. So, when I get the new one should I stick it on the wrong side with the other (2 wrongs=right!) or do I stick it on the side it should be on. Cougar script on one side/XR-7 emblem on the other?:1zhelp: Oh, what about the pillar emblems?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts